"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:The old has gone, the new is here! " -2 Corinthians 5:17
I am a new creation. I have been forgiven for my sins and I am able to make a new plan. I can follow down this plan, and give my hope to the Lord. This is because
"...I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11
So I should be content in my life, and I should follow the wise words of Paul when he said
"...But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal ...for which God has called me.."
-Philippians 3:13-14
This has been my mistake the past year and a half. I should have sought God's will in all that I have been doing. Instead, I was determined to have my own way. If I had only been confident in God's plan for me, how much happier I would have been.
What is it that am so reluctant to do God's will? Knowing that he is the one who made me, and will grant me the tools to do what I am called. How much more happiness, joy, fulfillment will I get from doing my true calling from the one true God, than i would from any other plans i could think up for myself.
Why was I so insistent that I had to do things my own way. I had to stray from the path with the light, I had to venture into the darkness. This led to many struggles, but I believe i wasn't as far off the path as I perceived. I will believe this for the rest of my days, but I know now what pain this will cause me.
I am hopeful that I will remain in his steadfast love. I am determined (and stubborn) to be vigilant in this. I hope now that I have stumbled my way back from the darkness to the path of light, that I will have the common sense to stay there. I can only hope that this path will lead me to my true calling, and that I will be more than satisfied with the life that God has planned for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment